Saturday, August 15, 2009

Nearly a Proper Runner

So did my last of the 15 minute run, 2 minute walk, 15 minute run session this morning. Tomorrow it's onto 15 minute run, 1 minute walk, followed by a 15 minute run. My brother, stupidly fit iron man, doesn't see the point in a 1 minute interval but I think that it's more of a physcoligical break. I'm only planning on doing this session once and then I'll move onto a 30 minute run (will that make me a "proper" runner?).

I've been reading up about fartlek training, http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/article.asp?uan=722, the plan is to introduce this into my training when I hit the 35 minute constant run mark.

The harder runs are now my favourite, the ones that feel much harder, as I feel like I'm doing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment