Thursday, July 30, 2009

9 Minutes and The Missed Opportunity

I'm currently running 3 * 9 minute intervals, with a 2 minute walk and then finishing off with a 5 minute run before I cool down.

I've been away on business this week and it's the first time since I took up running. Yesterday I woke up early and decided that I'd go have a run and an explore. Not knowing the area at all I thought it was best to run one way and turn back at the half way point, now would you believe it on my way back I noticed a sign for a nature reserve (that I'd run past on the way out) quite near my hotel. What a bummer, I ran all the way along the roads when I could have had somewhere nice to run. The lesson here - keep your eyes open when you're running.

Hopefully I'll have the inclination, and energy, to spend 20 minutes on the cross trainer when I get home tonight, we'll see......

Tomorrow is going to be the last of 3 sessions at 9 minutes before I move up again to 11 minutes. It's only been a 3 weeks since I was running 3 minutes, walk 2 minutes.

Roll on October for the Dourney 10K.

No comments:

Post a Comment