Sunday, July 26, 2009

First Steps

First things first who am I?

My name is James and I live in Berkshire, England. I'm a 33 year-old married, father of one gorgeous daughter, IT Consultant. Over the last few years I've discovered I'm not immortal, I have an under active thyroid and depression.

Why have I started running?

1. Getting the same waist line as my eldest brother (43) - It's quite scary to see yourself in 10 years time you know!

2. For the last two years I've taken part in the London to Brighton bike ride and on the second attempt rode the whole way (including up the dreaded Ditchling Beacon). So there's no challenge there.

3. I suffer from depression and found the cycling made me happier but took too much out of my day.

4. I want to challenge myself and a half marathon seems like a good place to start.

The plan for this blog is simple, to keep track of the highs and lows of my running, to share my experiences and to have something to look back on when I complete a Half Marathon next year (that's my goal).

No comments:

Post a Comment